Solar street lights are raised light sources which are powered by photovoltaic panels generally mounted on the lighting structure or integrated in the pole itself. The photovoltaic panels charge a rechargeable battery, which powers a fluorescent or LED lamp during the night.
Most solar panels turn on and turn off automatically by sensing outdoor light using a light source .Solar streetlights are designed to work throughout the night. Many can stay lit for more than one night if the sun is not available for a couple of days. Older models included lamps that were not fluorescent or LED. Solar lights installed in windy regions are generally equipped with flat panels to better cope with the winds.
Latest designs use wireless technology and fuzzy control theory for battery management. The street lights using this technology can operate as a network with each light having the capability of performing on or off the network.
• Modular with high durability solar grade reflectors up to 90% reflectivity.
• PLC based daily tracking system.
• IBR approved receiver and drum designs.
• Approved and tested at authorized test center of MNRE.
• Can work for 250 to 300 days in a year.
Can be easily integrated with the existing system